Aussie Aquatics (AA) aims to enhance learn to swim and water safety practices, primarily via its network of Registered Swim Schools. AA has virtually become:
- “the learn to swim experts’,
- the national authority on the teaching of swimming and water safety, and
- the Peak Industry Advocate body for Swim Schools in Australia.
Since 2001, AA had licenced the trademark “Swim Australia” from the Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association (ASCTA), as a means to brand this vital community service. Prior to that, Ross Gage (Sole Director of AA) operated ASCTA’s learn to swim section – which went by the �?Swim Australia’ name.
We have now evolved to be unique and total focus on Swim Schools
Our vision is one of a Safer, Smarter Stronger nation of swimmers.
Operating as the Peak Industry Advocate for over 500 Swim Schools, we have become the national authority on teaching swimming and water safety.
Our mission is to develop “learn to swim” in Australia to its full potential; resulting in all Australians learning to swim and gaining water safety knowledge through the safest and most enjoyable swimming lessons.
Through the Layers of Protection’ plan, SAFER Swimming and learn to swim programs, AA is on a quest to permanently reduce drowning deaths in Australia.
Our Swim School’s community alone, boasts over 600,000 families taking part in swimming lessons, each week – the largest network across the country.
To this end we:
- Register Swim Schools that meet industry standards after referencing with various relevant bodies.
- Promote the many excellent benefits for all of learning swimming and water safety, and
- Provide the Registered Swim Schools with products, services and professional development programs to significantly enhance their operation.
We aim to:
- To promote learning to swim on a national basis, with an emphasis on the life-long health, safety, fun and fitness benefits of swimming.
- To recognise programs teaching swimming that meet prescribed guidelines.
- To aid in the development of the teaching and management expertise of such programs.
- To enhance the viability of such programs